Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm Weather, Aggressive Tactics Tomorrow

Last week gave us some pretty cold weather. I wasn't able to hunt over the weekend due to some ministry duties, but I did see some chasing in the fields at night. This week may not be so entertaining. Temperatures are predicted around 70 degrees all week. The nights will still be right around 40 and still dropping to 36 tonight, so the mornings should still offer a good amount of deer and rut movement. But, as I've said all season, this has the potential to be a very inconsistent rut. I would expect this to be a downswing until we get temperatures back down around freezing at night and 50s during the day.

On that note, I'm going to do something tomorrow morning that I very rarely do. With this warm front moving in, the wind is out of the South which leaves me with no stand options. Considering, I am going to sit on the North side of the property and rattle. I almost never rattle, because my success in doing so has never been that great. But tomorrow I'm going to give it another shot. Stay tuned and I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment