Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I know we need the rain, but...

I really hate getting soaked in the tree stand. I know that deer movement is hardly affected by these steady November rains, but it can be awfully hard to get motivated to get out in it at 5 A.M. This morning I woke up at five and saw the weather report of rain, rain, and more rain. It didn't take much to keep me in bed. I knew that if I hunted this morning, then I would not hunt Thursday morning (gas is too much), so I opted to wait until Thursday. Now it is suppose to rain Thursday morning.

I have a day off of classes tomorrow, so I will be on stand all day. I love all day hunts. If the deer aren't moving, they can be grueling. But even then the big bucks like to move in the middle of the day. I find this especially true during firearms season when the hunting pressure has picked up. That being said, I expect to have a story at the very least tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment