Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd Hunt Report, Rut Picking Up!

I made a trip to "The Sanctuary" this evening. I got settled into my climbing stand on the Southeast end at about 4 P.M. The first hour was uneventful, but things picked up quickly about 5:20. Leaves and brush crashed loudly to the East. I listened to what I knew was a buck chasing a doe for the next 30 minutes without seeing either of them. Then they both made quick appearances just before 6. He was a six point. I had never seen him and have no pictures of him. The last hour of daylight was filled with chasing. Those two were around constantly. A good 2 1/2 year old 8 point came from the thicket to the West of me and chased a few does out (I actually heard him grunt before I heard or saw anything else of him.)

The night ended with something that I thought was kind of cool. I could hear two bucks fighting to the East. I couldn't see them, but the sounds were unmistakable. I've seen bucks fight before, but I don't think I've ever just heard it happening without seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment