Friday, October 29, 2010

Hunt Report October 28 and 29

I hunted yesterday morning at "The Sanctuary" in Dearborne County, Indiana. The morning had a stiff breeze, but I actually felt as if the deer should be moving. My feelings were wrong and I did not see a single deer. That is almost unheard of at "The Sanctuary."

Last night the temeratures really began to drop. On a 30 minute drive home after leading my small group of high school guys at church, I saw three different bucks chasing does. That was a very encouraging sight for the weekend to come.

I hunted this morning in Orange County, IN with high hopes. I did see a few deer, but no bucks. The movement that I had expected did not quite come to be.

The lows are supposed to remain in the 30s with one night predicted in the 20s for next week. Again, I believe the rut will be spotty this year, but this next week should be an upswing.

No comments:

Post a Comment