Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hunt Report December 8th

I bundled up this morning and headed to the "Sanctuary" for a half day hunt. It was going to be a full day, but I ended up getting some tickets for the UK game so I had to get home to get some work done before the game.

It was 8 degrees with a WSW wind. The "Sanctuary" had been flooded earlier this week, so there were still some ice puddles. The pylon, where I wanted to hunt, was surrounded by an ice puddle. I still got in it, but i couldn't get my safety harness over all of my clothes. Like I said, it was 8 degrees! I got down and kicked out a spot in some down timber. Had three does come from the poplars to my east at about 8 o'clock, and a decent 9 pointer followed about ten minutes later. That was really the full extent of the action. I left about 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment